Come by Queen City Games & Gifts where we are collecting new and used arts & crafts supplies. While you are there, take a look at all the local artists’ work (and my Cre8trix work!).
what kind of items will we take?
do they have to be new?
so. many. items. more than just traditional arts & crafts items – check the periodic table of creative reuse below for less obvious items!
no! They can be new, used, remnants, the little bits of yarn left over from your project, old tshirts and jeans – we can use them! Thank you so much for your support 🖤
who needs creative reuse?
Sure, artists and crafters could use a creative reuse store – but who else would benefit from one? You might be surprised!
what the heck are you doing?
Mary Pearce and I are bringing our vision of a creative reuse and art center, Art Hive, to life. It will become a hub for traditionally non-recyclable materials, such as paint, fabric, and wood, and also serve as a catalyst for alternative and emerging artists, creators, and craftspeople. By providing a resource for recycling materials and exchanging ideas at a low cost, we aim to create a nurturing space for trying new disciplines, tools, and materials; gather, have a coffee, work alongside other artist among art; taking classes, asking questions, and being inspired in a welcoming environment.
What would you create if you could go to a place …
- where you could get bagfuls of art & craft supplies at a ridiculously low cost
- that offered inventive experiences and creative reuse projects
- had drop-in memberships to try equipment, reserve a work area, and use materials at a discount
- was a welcoming space where you could have coffee, ask questions, and experiment
- was a community hub for exchange of ideas and materials
- where you could create & be inspired alongside other artists, surrounded by artwork
Let us know!